Sunday, September 11, 2011

Echos: Remembering 9/11

Let me start this post by clearly stating that I am not an official source of info on the 9/11 tragedy. Obviously I knew of it when it happened and I so clearly remember standing in front of my television in complete shock. It seemed absolutely surreal. I then remember seeing images and Sting singing something later that night. I stood there again just crying in silence buckets of tears for all of those souls. For their families, their friends, their students, their neighbors, for all the futures that were cruelly snatched away. Its hard to put into words what the phrase 9/11 brings to mind even today. But I still hear stories of survivors or family members of those lost and my heart aches, and an anger burns for the senseless, horrible tragedy of that day and the repercussions of it.Think of those people today, pray for them, light a candle, observe a moment of silence, do whatever your faith or you feel appropriate. But do not forget all the brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, friends, lovers, partners, sons and daughters lost that day and send a wish for peace and comfort to their families if you feel so inclined. I know I am. I hope you'll join me. United we are strong, divided we are helpless. Appreciate your loved ones. Hug them longer, have more patience, show them more love today. Because a lot of people can't do that with one of their loved ones today. Be happy you can and give thanks. Live well my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful sentiment--thanks for sharing it with me. Be safe and happy.
Sharon